Thursday, January 25, 2007

What if I am called but I don't feel qualified?

Don't panic if that's you. Check it out in your Bible. Just about everyone called felt inadequate for the task to which they were called. Abraham, Moses, Gideon, and the apostle Paul to name a few felt their inadequacy. There are many more heroes of the faith throughout history who allowed God to raise His standard high above them. God uses those who make themselves available to Him. Those God calls, He also equips! Don't let your feeling of inadequacy hold you back from pursuing the call of God on your life. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for." (Hebrews 11:1-2 NIV)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I sure have been enjoying your series on callings. You are covering many areas that is excellent for everyone to hear. I wish I would of had this 15 years ago!