Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm Back

Sorry about the short hiatus. Being on the west coast really messed up my inner clock. It is amazing how settled we can become with routine. That's not always good. Sometimes we need a curve ball thrown at us to keep us on our toes. It's helpful to get out of our comfort zone. I must confess, as much as I liked the warmer weather of Southern California, I found myself yearning to come home to the cold weather of Maine. And did I. This morning we are getting a wintry mix of snow and sleet, along with a bone chilling wind. It's great!!!!! Maybe my lessen for today has to to do with learning to be content and not taking life for granted. Or maybe it should be learning to be content in all circumstances. The apostle Paul learned how to be content with and without. "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation" (Php 4:12 NIV). He was an individual who never lived within the comfort or confines of life. He allowed or pushed himself to live on the envelope of life in God. "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Php 3:12-14 NIV).

If I am just rambling forgive me, remember that I am still trying to readjust to east coast time. However, maybe we all can learn a lesson about the need for experiencing change.

One final thought this morning. Jeanne and I went and saw "The Nativity" at a local theater while in San Diego. Other than some timing issues, I was impressed with the film. It is a reminder for all who view it what Christmas is all about.

No comments: