Saturday, August 11, 2007

General Council Indy 2007



Our General Council in Indianapolis is finishing up this afternoon with a combined rally of youth and adults of between 15,000 and 20,000 in the RCA Dome. During the week business was conducted during the day and services for adults and youth were held seperately. I am pleased with the election of new leaders for our Fellowship. My good friend Dr. Goeorge Wood was elected General Superintendent; my friend Rev. Alton Garrison elected Assistant Superintendent, Rev. John Palmer elected General Secretary; Rev. John Bueno re-elected World Missions Director; and my good friend Rev. Zollie Smith was newly elected as U.S. Missions Director. I am excited to see that we are moving toward more diversity in both both age and race. We have a long way to go in seeing more diversity in age, gender, and race. But we are on the right road. Beth Grant, a woman was one of the top three nominees for Assistant Superintendent. Zollie Smith is an African American. My friend Doug Clay (fortyish) was considered for offices and was elcted as an Executive Presbyter at large. I am excited about what God has in store for the Assemblies of God. We must pray that we be open to His plans and purposes for our Fellowship. We must prepare ourselves for the changes that He will want to make through our leadership. I took a few pictures with my cell phone. Sorry about the quality. But I wanted to give you sense of this historic event in our Fellowship.






No comments: