Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Give It Your Best!!!!

There is a great article in my local paper, the Portland Press, about a teenager that is inspiring. When I was District Youth Director, I would often refer to the youth in our District as my heroes. I would say "You're my hero" and then watch as they light up. Teenagers are still my heroes. In fact my MySpace has a spot to list my heroes. On that short list of mine you will find listed "teenagers" along with pastors and overcomers. The story of Sam is about teenagers and overcomers.

You can read the article, "A Record The Books Will Never See" by clicking on the title. Sam's story is inspiring. It is why I still believe in our youth. It is why still see them as my heroes. They are the greatest resource that our nation and church have.

The story reminds me of Paul's words: "Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:8). Sam was running for personal best. You and I are running for eternal life. Don't give up!

No comments: