Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I Am Back

Hi All! Sorry about my lack of blogging. I have been traveling a lot during the month of August. After General Council in Indianapolis, I was in the office for a few days then went on vacation. We spent some time home relaxing and enjoying the boat and beach on the lake. We then spent the Labor Day weekend visiting with Joy at Valley Forge Christian College.

I did get to read a book during this busy time in preparation for an upcoming grad class. The book: Ministering Cross-Culturally: An Incarnational Model for Personal Relationships. I would highly recommend it.The author, Sherwood Lingenfelter discusses the tension between time and event orientation, dichotomistic and holistic thinking, crisis and non-crisis orientation, task and person orientation, status and achievement focus, and concealment or willingness to expose vulnerability. He includes a basic values questionnaire and graph in order for the reader to observe and think about their own basic values. The author also dicusses how Jesus was able to bridge these cultural differences.

Enjoy your day. I have lots to catch up on.

No comments: