Monday, April 30, 2007

Faithfulness

Yesterday, I was in Strong , Maine to minister the Word in the morning service. There was such a sweet presence of the Lord there. It was very noticeable. My wife who is not one to say something along this line leaned over to me during worship and said, "I feel such a strong presence of the Lord in this place." I was feeling it too, as the Lord was speaking to me spirit about changing my message from the one I had planned. I am glad I was obedient. God really ministered to all of us yesterday.

I guess my point is this: Faithfulness. My obeying the leading of the Spirit to change my message was faithfulness. The pastor of this church has been there 11 years. That's faithfulness. The congregation has been steadfast and able to move from a hardware store to a beautifully rehabilitated former Mason's lodge at a prime location. That's faithfulness. This church body under the leadership of their pastor just continues to plug along doing what God has called them to do without great fanfare and without great recognition. They are symbolical of hundreds and thousands of Assemblies of God pastors across our nation. These are my heroes.

As I thought about these things this morning and lifted my prayers before the Lord for such honorable men and women the word of Paul spoke to my heart:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 NIV

No comments: