Monday, November 26, 2007

Discovering God's Will

Ephesians 5:17 NIV
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

I think everyone deep down inside wants to know what's best for their own life; that is to live a good life. How can we discover this good life? It begins with God. The psalmist prayed, "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground" (Psalm 143:10 NIV).

One prevalent misconception is that God has one perfect plan and if we stray from it, then we must settle for second or third best. At times, I have talked with a believer seeking a perfect marriage partner; an individual seeking the perfect job, perfect life, or a perfect ministry. I have observed on occasion, how they have missed out on the relationship with the Planner (God). Our life should flow out of our relationship with God. Our life should be to know Him more and to love Him forever. If the plan is our focus, then it will be doomed to failure. God begins with you where you are with Him. He has a plan for your life when you turn yourself over to His leading. You are not doomed to failure when you trust wholly and completely in Him. Peter stepped out of the boat at Jesus' invitation to come. As long as Peter was focused on Jesus he was able to walk on water. Don't let fear cause you to miss a golden opportunity of your life time.

I keep this quote nearby me in my study. "The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you." (unknown)

No comments: